Sunday, July 21, 2013

Musical Notes Mani


I've been wanting to try music note nails for a while. I'm still pretty new at nail art, but if you saw my first art mani, you'd definitely be able to tell my improvement. This mani still needs tweaking. I am a HUGE music fan, my favorite band being Blue October.  Yes, you may call me a little obsessed.

 Of course the base color is one of my favorites, Blue.  I used Sinful Colors "Sugar Rush", which is a beautiful pastel cream color. It looks perfect with 2 coats!  Next I used one of my art brushes to make the horizontal lines. Of course I did this mani way late at night  and my "old lady eyes" aren't so good. Lol. I used a few other swatch pix for guidance on the actual notes, which I learned later that I needed to use a thinner brush! Next time, I'm sure I will nail it!



My pointer finger turned out the best, in my opinion...


Hope you like them!

Cori aka craftyisblue!

2 comments:

  1. Good start. I think "rouse" was supposed to be "to use," but, overall, a very good first post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. I think you did an excellent job!

    ReplyDelete